Christmas in Japan, New year in Tokyo - December 2015
For our Christmas and New Year tour we combine a mix of travelling around the country followed by several days in Tokyo while the local Japanese fill the trains for their holiday travel plans.
For our Christmas 2015 tour we travel to travel to:
- Takayama, visit the gassho houses at Shirakawa-go,
- Transfer to Kyoto for three nights sightseeing in the old capital,
- Head south to Hiroshima and time to visit Miyajima.
- Stay at a local Ryokan near Nagano with a day trip to the snow monkeys
- Spend time in Tokyo to Enjoy New Year in Tokyo joining in with some of the big crowds making their first shine visit of the year.
For more information on this tour experience Japan (and Tokyo) over the New Year period.
Sapporo Snow Festival - February 2016
The 67th Sapporo Snow Festival opens on February 5th (Friday) and runs through to February 11th (Thursday). The main site is located at Odori Park with exhibits and events also at Susukino and Tsudome.
- The Yuki Matsuri (snow festival) in Sapporo
- Drift ice sightseeing cruise into the Sea of Okhotsk.
- Day trip to Lake Toya and the Usuzan Ropeway to get panoramic views of the lake and Showa Shinzan (lava dome) and Usu volcano
- Visit Otaru, about 40 minutes from Sapporo by train. Check out the beautifully preserved canal area and merchant street areas
More information on this tour can be found here.
Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site. Copyright © 2014 Page last modified: 2-December-2015Home FAQ Blog About Us Site Map Policies